Friday, June 10, 2011

Introduction: How We Survived The Zombie Apocalypse

So, this was originally a dream I had a few months ago, which I wrote down on paper, which I intended to post as a short story.

That's not going to happen.

Unfortunately, my overactive imagination gets the best of me, and I start adding things that originally weren't in the dream, so they make more sense. This in turn makes the story longer, and before I know it, I've gone from a short two-page story, to a twenty page digital book. This means two things:

1. Cut content to make it back into a short story

2. Keep it the same length, but split it into chapters (or episodes, if you prefer), that will be released weekly.

I choose the second option.

 The basic premise of this story is that I had a dream after watching the entire first season of The Walking Dead. I should tell you, have a very screwed up brain - where I used to have nightmares after scary movies/TV shows, I now have dreams that put me into the same situations, but typically with outrageous and/or hilarious outcomes. This particular dream had myself and some of my closest friends trying to escape a zombie horde, and we ended up flying away in a WWII era B-17 bomber, using the machine gun turrets to mow down zombies like you would see an AC-130 do in Modern Warfare.

Like I said, outrageous, and slightly hilarious.

So, when I woke up from the dream, I wrote down what I could remember, and started writing the story outline the next day I had some free time. I haven't finished the story yet, but I have quite a few pages written down already. I've determined that if I'm going to post these online, I'll change a few things to make it more reader friendly. Things like being more descriptive about places and objects I know very well, but a reader might not, changing names of most of the people (namely myself), coming up with names for people I "meet" along the way that I never bothered to name before... that kinda stuff.

Keep an eye out for the first installment coming up here in the next week or two! Once I post Part 1, I'll post consecutive parts each week until the story's conclusion, which means Part 1 won't show up until after I've finished writing the story completely.

I know I'm excited about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment