Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Every Day Carry (EDC)

One of the things Nemesis got me into was the EDC blog. If you don't know what it is, I'd encourage you to clicky the linky and find out for yourself. I won't bother explaining here, because EDC can do that better than I.

So, here's mine!





From Left to Right, going clockwise:

Keys
550 Paracord bracelet
Maglie XL50
Smith & Wesson M&P 40c (Review coming soon!)
Chrome Zippo lighte
Gerber Paraframe
Wallet
Droid 2 Global (Review coming soon!)
Casio G-shock MT-G

On my keys, I have an aluminum D-ring that is used for hooking them to my belt loop. The "Remove Before Flight" tag was a gift from a friend.

I wove the 550 cord bracelet myself, and the clasp is just a slide buckle from a Dollar Store dog collar. I may post a how-to video in the future, but there are so many online right now, it would be like another drop in the ocean.

I don't smoke, but I never know when I'll need to light something on fire, and Zippo's just kinda have that "cool factor". You may notice that it has something engraved on the side of it... that would be the family prayer from The Boondock Saints

I was robbed at gunpoint when I worked for Papa John's back in '08, and the thieves got away with my wallet; I picked up this leather one from Walmart the next day for a few bucks. It's held up pretty good so far.

The G-shock was a Christmas gift from my mom either in '04 or '05, when I - ironically - quit wearing watches. I was getting into auto mechanics, and the watches I wore would always get messed up, so I stopped wearing them, only for my mom to give me this one. It's still in relatively good shape, thanks to me only wearing when I wasn't getting dirty, which is more often now that I don't do mechanic work anymore.

I didn't give any details about the M&P or the Droid 2, because I will review them both soon. Instead of detailing the items I've already reviewed, I just went ahead and linked them to my review posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment